In the marketing world, having your business or product featured in a magazine is often considered a home run. Most magazines are trusted information resources that have a strong influence over the consumer buying process. That’s why competition for magazine editorial space is fierce. Thankfully, Media Relations Agency has cracked the code.
What makes magazines valuable PR channels?
Our clients love it when we arrange for their story to appear in a magazine. It’s one of our strengths. Here are just a few of the many promotional benefits of being featured in a magazine:
- Magazines tend to have targeted audiences. As of 2019, there were 7,357 print consumer magazines and even more classified as digital and trade. Many of these are niche publications, meaning you can speak directly to your best customers and prospects.
- Magazines give you space to tell a more complete story. Many of our clients have enjoyed the benefits of published magazine stories that are two pages or longer – with photos – about their company or product.
- Magazines give your story built-in credibility. Readers know that each story is carefully vetted by the editors and publishers. If readers like and trust the magazine, they are more inclined to like and trust a product featured in a story.
- Magazines have longevity and extended reach. A print magazine might stay around for months or even years. It can be shared with friends and family. Digital magazines have an almost infinite lifespan and reach. Search engines can index your keywords making your story easily discoverable by people looking for information related to your product. Your magazine story can be bookmarked, shared, pinned, etc. It’s also not uncommon for some magazine stories to be picked up by news aggregators.
The secret sauce for magazine publicity
As you might imagine, magazine editors are bombarded with article requests from companies and PR agencies. Getting their attention and arranging for a story to run takes experience and tenacity. If you want to get magazine publicity, I suggest that you:
- Work with a well-connected marketing agency. Media Relations Agency maintains a proprietary list of media contacts developed over the last 30+ years. Moreover, our publicists have good relationships with key editors and publishers at some of the most sought-after publications. We know which ones like to receive story ideas via phone, and which ones prefer email. We know which ones welcome our help with coproducing an article, and those who prefer to conduct one-on-one interviews with our clients.
- Prepare well-written content suitable for the magazine’s audience. Using our Media Grade Content® process, our writers can skillfully weave your value points into a story that the magazine’s audience will find interesting and compelling. We make it easier for editors to say yes to a story idea.
Protect your PR budget. With our Pay Per Interview® publicity model, you are guaranteed to get placements for your money. Clients like that we have some skin in the game. You also get to approve the list of magazines we will pursue on your behalf.
If magazine stories are on your publicity wish list, talk with us about how we can make that happen. As we arrange these magazine articles, we can also advise you on how to further expand their reach so you get a maximum return. To get started, complete this form or call us at 952-697-5269.