Content marketing – your blogs, social media and web writing – is one of your most valuable strategic marketing assets. Our clients know that content marketing works best when it is integrated within their overall marketing strategy. We offer both on-call and Pay Per Post content writing services to fit their needs. They don’t have to move outside of their well-designed, integrated marketing plan to hire a freelance content writer.
Content marketing helps attract clearly defined audiences, drive people to action, and educate people about your product. Feeding the Internet’s insatiable need for fresh, interesting and relevant content can be challenging, especially if writing doesn’t come naturally to you. If you want to hire someone to do this writing, consider: How effectively can a freelance content writer create a desire for your product, within your target audience?
Here are five smart questions to ask before you hire a freelance content writer:
- How well do you know my industry? Your reputation is on the line. Your content should position you as an industry expert. The writer should be able to sort through information that is common knowledge, and present your content in fresh, new ways. Each piece of content should offer something unique and relevant. Hire someone who is already armed with right resources and knowledge. Our writers are involved with virtually every area of our clients’ marketing program, from press releases and pre-written articles to website content. So when we write a blog or social media post, we have the ample familiarity and context.
- How will you position this content relative the rest of my marketing plan? A well-integrated marketing plan should reinforce your messaging and calls to action at every point of contact with your target audience. Subtle changes in phrasing by someone unfamiliar with your brand and messaging, can dramatically change readers’ interpretation. Using a writer who has already worked with you to develop a body of content provides you with a trusted shortcut.
- Are you familiar with marketing fundamentals? Content can be well written but if it fails to take basic marketing principles into account, it can fail to communicate as intended. Our writers understand how to apply such essentials as production positioning, market segmentation variables, and primary and secondary value points.
- What SEO strategies will you use? Where will the writer get the very important SEO information? How will you be charged for that time? Capturing information that can be used for SEO purposes is part of our new client onboarding process. Before any work begins, we understand your keywords, value points and intended goals.
- Does your writing style fit my needs? Avoid the risk of having your content sound unprofessional by asking for samples. Is the writer’s content media grade? In other words, is it as good as what might be written by reporters? Are the samples tightly written or are they filled with “fluff” that sounds good but doesn’t add to the meaning? Does the writer avoid clichés? Does the writer follow AP Style?
Whether you need one blog or you need help maintaining an ambitious social media content marketing schedule, we offer options to meet your needs. Our writers will work with you to create professional content marketing that moves you further toward reaching your goals. Call us at 952-697-5269 or complete the contact form below.