Media coverage can lead to higher sales in the health and nutrition industry, whether you’re selling an ingredient, finished product, delivery system or related technology. But far too many publicity campaigns fail miserably because they skipped the preliminary work and jumped directly into the creative.
You must first serve the media
Media coverage is by far the most expedient way to inform the masses. You must first earn the attention of reporters, editors and producers. You must convince them that your story is valuable to their audiences.
No two media outlets are alike. No two audiences are alike. You must be prepared to adjust your messaging, and in some cases your messengers, while staying on point every time. Otherwise, even if you earn media coverage, the story may still be a missed opportunity. That wastes your budget and everyone’s time.
Our proven solution is Strategically Aimed Marketing. We’ve pioneered and refined this system over the last 35 years. When health and nutrition companies work with Media Relations Agency, we:
- Distill their positioning statement, brand statement, value points, audience demographics and other foundational elements so they are distinct and memorable.
- Help them evaluate each media channel and platform. We explain which alternatives have the greatest potential for helping them gain ground. Everyone’s situation is different.
- Help them understand the value of using key opinion leaders (KOLs) for select media opportunities.
- Create a calendar to track all of our activities. That ensures we’re placing the most emphasis on those things that will deliver the greatest return. It also enables us to easily see where adjustments can be made, based on media and audience feedback.
- Produce creative that is consistently on point, whether it’s a press release, pre-written article, video, web page, influencer outreach email, blog or social post. We are very aware that the media often check all of our clients’ informational resources before producing a story.
- Review each media story for proper messaging, and make adjustments when warranted.
Media Relations Agency has been serving the health and nutrition industry almost from our inception. If this was easy, everyone would be doing it. We have the experience, the connections and the Strategically Aimed Marketing system to help you achieve your goals.
To talk about elevating your marketing to the next level, call me at 952-697-5210 or use this form to schedule time on my calendar.
For more great marketing advice, check out The CEO’s Guide to Marketing!