Short-form videos, those 60 seconds or under, are a popular marketing tool. They get straight to the point with easily digestible snippets of information. They have high ROI. And they can be repurposed on multiple platforms. Done right, short-form videos make great use of your digital marketing budget. Our Media Relations Agency team is having fun creating these for our clients.
Did you know?
The video marketing statistics, as collected by Wyzowl, are compelling.
- 91% of businesses are using video as a marketing tool in 2023
- 89% of people say watching a video has convinced them to buy a product or service
- 92% of video marketers say video gives them a good return on investment.
Some ways to measure the ROI of short-form videos include:
- More leads
- Increased brand awareness
- People stay on your site or page longer
- Better understanding of your product or service
- Good audience engagement, as measured by shares, likes and comments
So, what’s holding marketers back from creating more videos? Wyzowl reports that lacking the time and being unsure where to start are two barriers.
The five things you should know about short-form videos
Whether it’s for TikTok, Instagram Reels or YouTube shorts, when you’ve got a lot on your plate, even creating a 60-second video can seem like a big task. Here are some guidelines we use for creating short-form videos for our clients.
- Repurpose longer videos. It may be easier on your budget to create a longer video that can be posted in its entirety or chopped into smaller, bite-sized videos. Because everyone on our team is also a certified marketing professional, we know how to maximize the value of each second of video as we’re creating it. Of course, we can also work with your existing videos.
- Keep them short. It’s much more likely people will finish watching the entire video when it’s less than a minute.
- Content must be snappy and relevant. Whether spoken or in captions, there’s no room for fluff. Word choice is everything. That can be challenging for non-writers. Our clients are often relieved to learn we have experienced product marketing writers on our team.
- Always record vertically. Short-form videos are intended to be viewed on mobile devices.
Promote your finished video across all platforms. We’re product marketing strategists. We will guide you in deciding where to post and how to promote your short-form video. We will also make sure it’s optimized correctly so that it’s easily found in searches.
There should be nothing holding you back from promoting your business with short-form videos. We can take this task off your to-do list. Reach out to us at 952-697-5269 or use this form to get started.