Base + Performance-based Compensation
Does representing businesses and their products as a publicist sound like a fun and interesting career to you? We are looking for publicists (Public Relations experience helpful but not necessary) who have strong verbal and written communication skills. You will be contacting reporters and producers nationally on behalf of our clients. This is an opportunity for people who get their energy from talking to other people. It requires creativity and the ability to think on your feet. News reporters and producers are busy with deadlines so you need to be someone who can quickly read a situation and creatively adapt your presentation to fit their needs.
Some rewarding parts of being a publicist are learning about products and services before they hit the market and seeing the results of your work as stories in the media.
The compensation consists of a base salary plus bonuses and a benefits package. Training program provided, as well as on-going mentorship.
- Call and make connections with reporters and producers across the U.S. and Canada
- Pursuit of media stories about our clients
- Interview coordination between the media and our clients
- Media research
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Able to make multiple calls and contacts daily to connect with decision makers
- Ability to work on several projects at a time
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with a small, cross-functional team
- Ability to work in a creative environment, while still being able to take direction from managers
- Proactive, responsive to change and open to feedback.
- Great attitude and team player
- Sense of humor
- Sense of urgency — must meet deadlines
- A minimum of 5 years business experience
- Proven persuasive, initiative, and communication skills necessary for success
- Computer skills — Google Drive, Google Calendar
- Strong work ethic
“I love making connections with the media, and putting together a great story that I know they are excited about, that their audience will love, and that will be of value to our clients. Each media interview arranged for clients is a creative way of getting out helpful information regarding topics we should all know and care about.” Lindsay, Publicist