Marketers are spending more money on digital advertising than ever before, for two really good reasons: digital ads reach large audiences and they can be highly targeted. With six different types of digital ads, how can you be sure that you’re including the right ones in your marketing strategy?
Attracting the attention of online shoppers is about more than just covering your bases. Some types of digital ads may be better at moving you closer to multiple goals than others. Our certified Strategically Aimed Marketing pros routinely help clients choose from among the six options listed below. Then we create and place the ads, and track how well they perform so you’re never left guessing.
- Search Engine Marketing/Paid Search Advertising. These are ads, either text or display, that appear on search engine result pages (SERPs). Use these ads to increase your visibility on SERPs for the keywords and phrases your prospective customers are using.
- Social Media Advertising. You are likely very familiar with the posts that appear in your social media feed, the ads that are on in the sidebar or the videos that play before YouTube videos. These are used to boost visibility, followers and sales.
- Native Advertising (sponsored content). This type of paid advertising closely resembles the platform on which it appears. We can run campaigns on social media, as well as high-profile websites such as USAToday.com.
- Mobile Advertising. Chances are your mobile phone is within arm’s reach right now. Mobile ads include in-app ads and banners as well as text messages.
- Email Advertising. Email ads have evolved from purchased lists and spam. Google’s highly targeted gmail ads that appear on free Gmail accounts can deliver an impressive ROI. Email advertising should complement your current email marketing strategy.
- Affiliate Marketing. This involves paying a commission to an individual or an external website to drive traffic or sales. We may suggest using it in connection with influencer marketing as well as Amazon marketing.
The Rule of 7
The “Rule of 7” states that someone needs to be exposed to your ad at least seven times before they take action. That’s something else to consider when choosing how you advertise online, because many types of digital advertising include opportunities for retargeting. Basically that means delivering ads to people who have visited your website before. Love or hate ‘em, these can be highly effective.
Should you be buying every type of digital ad? Or, should your strategy be to support specific marketing projects with just a few from this list? There’s no one-size-fits-all answer. Give us a call at 952-697-5269 or complete this form today. Media Relations Agency’s certified Strategically Aimed Marketing professionals can help you determine which types of digital advertising will most effectively drive traffic to your website or ecommerce platform.
For more great marketing advice, check out The CEO’s Guide to Marketing!