If someone is telling your product’s story in front of a huge audience, you want to make the most of it. The media stories that Media Relations Agency arranges are more than a few minutes on television, radio or in a magazine. They also serve as earned media marketing tools. Smart use of digital marketing can amplify the impact of your media coverage. Many clients ask us to integrate publicity with digital marketing because it creates a stronger campaign.
When a third party, such as the media, features your product, you want to share the good news with customers and potential customers. Using your website and social channels, you can extend the life of those stories almost endlessly. And once you have moved them into the digital universe, they are available 24/7 to anyone searching for that type of information.
Digital marketing also extends the reach beyond the media’s original audience. The story only aired in Los Angeles? No problem: You can share it with people across the rest of the country (and ask them to continue sharing).
Here are just a few ways that our Media Relations’ digital marketing experts recommend extending the impact and reach of your publicity:
- Create digital ads. After your publicity runs, use digital ads to magnify the exposure. Media placements make effective and authentic content for digital advertising. Consult with a marketing professional who is Google Adwords certified to ensure that your ads are reaching the right audience with the right messaging, to get your desired results.
- Write a blog about it. The way we flow the media stories we arrange into digital content is by writing what we call “wrapper copy”. Wrapper copy is us, Media Relations’ writers, writing about the story. For instance, when we flow the story into the client’s Facebook feed, it might sound something like this: Check out this nice article about our widget. It does a great job of explaining the problem our product solves. One thing I wish they would have included is how we … .
- Include clips of your media coverage in your digital posts. Clips make digital marketing more fun for consumers to experience. When consumers get to watch a short television segment, learning about a product becomes more like entertainment than work. Repurposing media clips in websites and social media makes our clients’ digital marketing even more colorful and appealing.
- Share links to your coverage on social media. Media stories have fantastic third-party credibility. It’s someone else saying great things about your product, and these should be shared with your followers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Our experts can develop a social media strategy tailored to increase your company’s visibility and followers.
- Send an e-mail to your customers and constituents. Embedding links to your coverage within a digital newsletter will further increase your exposure. If you are a B2B supplier, this also demonstrates to customers how you are supporting your brand in the public arena.
Digital marketing enables you to capitalize on the versatility and endurance of shareable content. What started as a single media interview could easily be transformed into durable content that keeps selling for you, and reinforcing your primary messaging, for years to come.
We look forward to talking with you about how to maximize the impact of your publicity through smart use of digital marketing. Contact Becky at 952-697-5269 or fill out this online form and we’ll reach out to you.