As a business professional, you should be able to distinguish between a copywriter, a content writer and a marketing content writer. Note that many agencies don’t differentiate between a content writer and a marketing content writer. But we do. After nearly 35 years in the marketing industry, we know that the subtle distinctions can make a huge impact in outcomes.
Media Relations Agency defines the three roles as follows:
- Copywriter: Someone who writes promotional content, such as ads, to sell products.
- Content writer: Someone who writes content to educate or inform, often about products.
- Marketing content writer: Someone who writes content that educates, informs and persuades; and who uses solid marketing concepts and principles to write content that elevates the product’s reputation within the designated target markets.
Marketing content writers are a different breed of writer. Really good ones are difficult to find. It’s not easy to write informational content that is subtly promotional; that is carefully tailored to specific audiences on different platforms; and that is strategically designed to help businesses climb the ladder of fame.
A great marketing content writer will:
- Be instrumental in pulling together multiple elements of an integrated marketing campaign. This involves writing focused, compelling content that can be repurposed across all of the promotional channels. It helps ensure, for example, that what is said in media coverage is consistent in messaging, tone and voice with what is written in digital channels.
- Always deliver Media-Grade Content®. This is content that brings credibility to your messaging because it would pass the media’s stringent litmus test for newsworthiness. It is influential without being overly promotional. Media Relations Agency developed this style of writing over our nearly 35 years of co-producing stories with the media.
- Always tell an interesting, relevant story while weaving in your top value points. Using our Strategically Aimed Marketing® (SAM 6®) process, our marketing content writers know exactly what is important to communicate on our clients’ behalf. They understand which channels they are writing for, and how to present the facts for maximum impact.
- Save you time and decrease your stress level. Nothing is more frustrating than receiving a draft of content that is off base, filled with fluff, or just not that interesting. A skilled marketing content writer knows the questions to ask upfront, and will consistently deliver onpoint content that typically requires only minor edits.
Media Relations Agency has a team of highly skilled marketing content writers. We offer affordable content packages so that you can try us on a project without making a big budget commitment. Call us at 952-697-5269 or use this form to get us started on your next writing project.