A content marketing strategy is the consistent use of highly engaging, high-value content to establish your expertise, and ensure your product is top of mind when it’s time for consumers to make a purchase decision. A strategy is essential whether your focus is on digital marketing, publicity or a fully integrated marketing campaign.
Here’s the obstacle: Marketers can’t even agree on how to build an effective content marketing strategy. Some say there are four components/pillars. Others say five. Still others list eight.
When you keep things simple, processes are much easier to implement. Media Relations Agency’s content marketing strategy is woven into our six-step Strategically Aimed Marketing process (SAM® 6). When our clients’ campaigns change — which is inevitable — their content marketing strategies automatically adjust.
Our six content marketing strategy pillars
While some agencies create content marketing strategies based on what’s trending or the latest technology, Media Relations Agency bases our pillars on basic marketing concepts and principles. These rock-solid concepts never change over time.
- Code sheets: Our code sheets are the framework around which our clients’ promotional messages are built. They document everything that is important to communicate about clients’ companies and products. These include how a product is positioned in the minds of consumers compared with the competition.
- Target audience profile(s): It’s not uncommon for clients to tell us, “Everyone needs our product.” While that may be true, our content is written to resonate with those who are most likely to buy.
- Measurable campaign goals: These vary. Some of the most common goals include building followers, selling more products amd/or building their reputations as industry thought leaders.
- Content calendar: Our calendars help our clients deliver a constant and maximum flow of on-point promotional messages. We teach them how to time the rotation of promotional messages for their company, products, primary message themes, positioning and channels.
- Media-Grade Content®: Stories written by highly respected media outlets tend to be perceived as highly credible. Unique to Media Relations Agency, Media-Grade Content is marketing content written from the traditional media’s perspective. It assures our clients that everything we write is substantive, of interest to their target audience and positions them as trusted resources.
- Content analysis: We routinely assess which content is performing the best and how we can build on that success.
A content marketing strategy should touch every element of a well-constructed marketing campaign. It ensures your messaging is clear, on point and delivered to the right audience. We can help make that happen. Call us at 952-697-5269 or use this form to get started.