Product marketing is about reaching people in your target market and teaching them why they should buy your product. That sounds simple but each marketing plan involves a mind-boggling number of choices. What messaging will be used? Who will deliver it? Where will it be communicated? How will it be communicated? How often should it be repeated?
We routinely help clients plan their marketing in six steps using the Strategically Aimed Marketing system we’ve pioneered and perfected over nearly 35 years.
And no, we don’t just complete a cookie cutter template. Every single marketing plan is different depending on a company’s needs and budget. What IS consistent? Our system builds awareness, credibility and trust in our clients’ products.
Are you ready to start planning your marketing? Here’s a quick overview of our six steps:
- Learn marketing basics. Knowing the terminology, concepts and principles will enable everyone to speak the same language. Clear communication yields more thorough understanding, better outcomes and fewer mistakes.
- Define your promotional guideposts. How do you think your sales would be affected if everyone in your target audience could describe your product – and its value points – perfectly? Get your messaging on point so it can be carried through all your marketing efforts.
- Organize and prioritize your promotional mix channels to get the results you can, from the budget and staffing you have available. Concentrate on figuring out which combination of channels will give the best ROI.
- Create a marketing calendar to schedule your promotions. Some variables include: How frequently do you want your company mentioned in the news? How much money will you devote to each product? To each audience? To each primary messaging theme?
- Create a control template for your creative team. It’s easy to get so caught up in creating something clever that the most important details are forgotten. Much as GSP will guide you to your destination even after a wrong turn, a control template will keep everyone on the same page.
- Assemble your team. What tasks can you do in-house? What additional talent do you need? If you plan to do much of the work yourself, who will be prepared to step in should you get pulled in another direction?
Unlike the overwhelming majority of agencies who average just a handful of employees, Media Relations Agency has a full roster of certified marketing professionals whose skills span the product marketing spectrum including publicity, content writing, digital/social media marketing, digital advertising, web design, influencer marketing, videography, graphic design, and online retail store development (including Amazon).
Our marketing strategists spend a lot of time on the phone answering marketing questions from people much like yourself. We don’t charge for this time. Some people decide to work with us; others don’t. But nearly everyone learns valuable insights about marketing during these conversations. And that’s always worthwhile!
Call us at 952-697-5269 or use this form to schedule time on our calendars.