New year/new thinking! This is an unprecedented marketing environment. How can you keep your foot on the pedal and gain even more momentum? We have the advantage of knowing what’s been working for our long list of clients in multiple industries.
We frequently use the analogy of climbing the ladder of fame. It’s nearly impossible to instantly catapult yourself from ground level to the very top. Those who attempt that shoot-for-the-stars strategy often never make it beyond the first rung.
The tenacious ones – which describes you – are more strategic. As they climb each rung, they strengthen their foothold in their market. Their level of fame rises. Here are three steps to making 2022 the year that your product becomes famous.
- Use the media as your voice. The media = marketing power.
- Publicity is the smartest use of your budget. You can reach more people through the media than any other promotional channel.
- Publicity is persuasive. People depend on the media to supply them with purchase information.
- Publicity builds and reinforces your reputation. When people see your story told (and repeated) by multiple outlets, their trust in your product will rise.
Strategy: Be open to a wider mix of media opportunities in 2022. Be everywhere! Even if you sell only to the trade, recognize that consumers may still drive demand for your product. If you only sell in a few markets, work with us to saturate those markets with your story, told using various angles.
- Repurpose every media story we arrange for you. Posting all media coverage to your website is essential.
- Repurposing increases each story’s longevity. A story may only reside on the media’s home page for a finite period of time. It can reside indefinitely on your website.
- Repurposing increases each story’s reach. Even a local story can get national attention when it’s available to all of your website’s visitors.
- Repurposing legitimizes your product among other reporters and journalists. Most media will review your website before agreeing to do a story about you.
- Each media story you post to your website improves your SEO. As each page gets indexed with key words and phrases, your discoverability increases.
Strategy: If we’re not already producing media placement wrappers and social posts for each of your placements, talk with us about starting that process immediately. We are also producing sizzle reel videos to generate excitement about clients’ stories that have been picked up by multiple media outlets. These have been very well received!
- Fully integrate your messaging and strategies. A disjointed marketing campaign can easily confuse your audience, causing you to lose business.
- Consistency and repetition matter. Distill your messages into memorable pieces that teach audiences your key value points and unique selling proposition. Then have a well-coordinated plan in place to repeat those messages at every opportunity. This is how you teach your prospects to choose your product.
- Always use code sheets and a control template. Straying off your message could translate into missed sales and wasted budget. These tools enable you to stay on point. An obvious example is a restaurant ad that doesn’t include the address. A less obvious example might be omitting a key value point on your sell sheet.
We sincerely want to earn your business and help you move your product up higher on the ladder of fame in 2022.
Call us at 952-697-5269, or use this form, to discuss using these ideas to fortify your 2022 marketing campaign.
For more great marketing advice, check out The CEO’s Guide to Marketing!