In the era of Yelp and other social feedback sites, you may wonder if the Better Business Bureau rating is still relevant. The short answer: Yes it is. And it becomes especially vital when hiring a marketing agency, since delivering on promise is not always guaranteed in our profession. Media Relations Agency is one of the elite few to have an A+ BBB business rating AND hold a trusted BBB accreditation. We have no influence over our BBB ratings other than to continue doing business with transparency and integrity. Maintaining an A+ rating makes us proud of our team and processes.
We’ve spent 30+ years promising clients that they’ll always get media coverage for their money with our Pay Per Interview® publicity model. While we routinely deliver on that promise, some prospective clients are still skeptical. Our A+ BBB rating plus our BBB accreditation are two ways to reassure businesses that we will do what we say we’ll do.
- Accreditation is above and beyond our A+ BBB rating. To earn accreditation, we had to additionally demonstrate to the BBB that we meet its high standards:
- Build trust: establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
- Advertise honestly: adhere to established standards for advertising and selling.
- Tell the truth: honestly represent products and services.
- Be transparent: clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.
- Honor promises: Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations
- Be responsive: Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally and in good faith.
- Safeguard privacy: Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their information.
- Embody integrity: Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitments with integrity.
- BBB accreditation speaks to a company’s integrity. While even non-BBB members may have a rating, not all companies that apply for BBB accreditation are accepted. In fact, only 4,000 of the more than 50,000 businesses in our BBB region (less than 10 percent) are accredited. Media Relations Agency has been a BBB member since 1992. We were awarded accreditation in 2017 to further demonstrate to those unfamiliar with our business that we honor our commitments.
- BBB accreditation increases buyer’s confidence. If, after reviewing the accreditation criteria, you feel excited about working with Media Relations Agency, you’re in good company. Seventy percent of consumers who are familiar with the BBB and its accreditation program have greater confidence in a business and will purchase sooner when a business displays a BBB accreditation seal.
- Accreditation is an ongoing commitment. This isn’t a once-and-done achievement. To keep our accreditation, we must continue to operate our business with integrity.
The BBB accreditation doesn’t tell the whole story. For example, our “business started date” in our BBB listing needs more explanation; it shows 2002, which is the date we switched from a C corporation to an S corporation. But because it’s a trusted third-party reference, we still believe it’s a reliable way to communicate our business values to companies looking for marketing services.
I welcome the opportunity to talk with you further about Media Relations Agency’s values and why so many of our clients have done business with us for decades. Call 952-697-5269 or click here to request your free consultation.