As you plan your Internet marketing, it’s important to know which messages are most likely to convince your audience to take a desired action. We can set up split testing to help you discover which versions of digital ads or web pages cause more consumers to click, complete a form or make a purchase. Take advantage of this approach to get better digital marketing results.
Split testing, also called A/B testing, is a controlled experiment with ads or web content. We run two or more versions of an ad campaign or a website page at the same time and track the results.
Here are the steps we will take to create and manage your split testing:
- Specify a goal and develop a plan. We will ask about your desired actions, for example purchases, website traffic or form completions. We research your current statistics, identify potential challenges and develop a strategy for overcoming these challenges.
- Choose a variable. We will decide together which specific element to change and test. We may change an image, layout, color, offer or call to action. We avoid changing too many variables at once, because it’s important to find out what is really impacting user behavior.
- Test the campaigns. We will run multiple versions of an ad or website page simultaneously for anywhere from two weeks to two months. It is important to continue the test for the planned duration. Think of it as a science experiment: Stopping early could skew the results and provide you with inaccurate data. We can use Google’s Content Experiments to try out up to ten versions of a web page at once.
- Analyze the results. After carefully collecting and comparing the results, we identify which ad or page variation is the “winner”. If we see low conversion rates, we determine which element may be hindering users from taking the desired action. We then change this element on the next campaign.
- Make changes, then repeat. The most effective version of the ad or web page becomes the “control”. We may keep refining this version to seek even better results. Or, we may move on to a completely new test.
Even if your digital marketing is returning productive results, keep improving it. You can always use more sales and leads. Sometimes it’s surprising which ad or website content is the most effective.
As experienced digital marketers, we are happy to run your split testing for you. We’ll help you keep testing until you find what works best. And when we do, you won’t need to spend much time on your campaign setup or day-to-day management. We’ll run the program from start to finish, based on your input and goals. We can even design your ads and web pages, write your copy and suggest improvements.
Rather than guessing which ad and web page formats will be the most productive, find out. Call me and tell me you’re interested in split testing. We’ll set up a meeting to discuss your goals and make a plan.
One of my lifelong interests is learning. I like to study the latest digital marketing developments and help clients use them to their advantage. Let me apply this talent for you. Call me at 952-697-5269 or complete our form below.