Social responsibility is paramount to business communications in this current environment. Customers will be watching what you say with more scrutiny than ever. They want you back, but only if they feel you’re making appropriate allowances during this pandemic and struggling economy. Media Relations Agency is working with many clients who are in your shoes. Here is some of the content advice we’re sharing with them.
- If your business falls into the non-essential category, acknowledge it. Then explain how you are mitigating any risks. Accepting responsibility for the welfare of your employees and customers will reassure your audience that you care about them.
- Build bonds with your customers and community. Look for ways to connect with people, fill needs and demonstrate that you are listening to what’s most important to them right now. As you write content about these efforts, report truthfully but avoid the urge to brag. Content that is too self-serving may cause fans to turn away from you.
- Stay visible. If you disappear from social media and your blog goes silent, people might suspect you’re out of business. As we follow Step 4 of the Strategically Aimed Marketing process, we are filling our clients’ content calendars with a blend of topics that currently resonate with their audiences. Our content clients get the benefit of our daily interactions with the media and social influencers. Determining the best content angles is often a group effort involving our clients, front-line publicists, marketing strategists, digital marketing managers and content writers. And clients are thrilled by the results.
- Give people a reason to feel positive. News stories about COVID-19 and the economy are weighing us down. Look for ways to report good news in your content while remaining respectful of the situation.
- Be relevant. Our Media Grade Content is written to satisfy the demand for what audiences currently want to read. People’s lives have changed. Consider how your product or service can help them in ways that may not have been needed three or four months ago.
Now more than ever, your content should reflect a fully integrated marketing strategy that keeps you in the forefront of your industry, and helps you maintain your relevance among your customers.
Media Relations Agency’s content writers are marketing specialists. We understand this marketing environment and how to prepare content that appeals to individual audiences. We also understand how to find the stories within your business that are worth writing about. When you hire us, it’s like hiring seasoned reporters to share your stories with your customers.
With more than 35 years of business writing experience, creating Media Grade Content is second nature to our team. Unless you already have someone on your team with a similar background, and the time to devote to the tasks, it makes sense to hire us. Use this contact form or call us at 952-697-5269. We offer you the flexibility of either setting up a pay-per-post content schedule, or simply being on call whenever you need our services.