Media Relations Agency celebrates our 35th anniversary next year. According to a 2020 marketing industry analysis, of the thousands of U.S. marketing agencies, only 8% have made it to this 30-39 year bracket. While that speaks volumes about our professionalism, experience and happy clients, does it mean we are the right agency for your business? Here are some things to consider.
Before hiring any marketing agency, determine whether that agency does the type of work you need. Do you need product publicity? Or, are you looking for investor relations and perhaps even crisis communications?
Marketing agencies that have been around awhile have likely developed strong expertise in a specific niche. Hiring an agency immersed in its craft means you’re more likely to get advice and recommendations based on real-world experience.
Media Relations Agency specializes in product marketing. We’ve spent decades becoming experts at helping companies tell their stories through earned media coverage, content writing, social media, email marketing, websites, digital advertising, video production, infographics and influencer marketing. We also help companies with their Amazon presence. Some clients, for example, just want to use wire services to issue press releases. While we will do that when requested, we prefer to be more hands on than that.
Once you’ve identified a list of potential agencies, look closest at the ones that are the most established. Here’s why experience, professionalism and integrity are essential.
- They won’t waste their time (and yours) talking with the wrong reporters and producers. Media Relations Agency’s publicists don’t just have media contacts. They have trusted relationships with reporters and producers. Accessing our proprietary media database compiled over the last three decades, they know who is most likely to cover a story and report on news within your industry.
- They will be realistic about results. Overpromising doesn’t serve anyone. When we pioneered Pay Per Interview® nearly 35 years ago – guaranteeing results for our clients’ marketing dollars – we had to become the best at arranging media coverage or we wouldn’t get paid. We apply that same performance-based approach to everything we do.
- They know how to tell an interesting, meaningful story. Agencies that outlast their competition have done so by serving their clients well. All our content is written to Media-Grade Content® standards, which means it would pass the media’s stringent litmus tests for writing style, credibility, accuracy and relevance (among other criteria).
- They will act efficiently on your behalf. A team that has worked closely together for years, and has successfully served hundreds of clients in close to 100 industries, will have processes in place to apply to nearly any client and situation. We apply our six-step Strategically Aimed Marketing strategy (SAM 6®), which evolved from our desire to consistently deliver on-point marketing based on a solid marketing foundation.
- They know how to stay relevant. Marketing professionals who don’t value ongoing learning can expect to have a dwindling client base. That’s not us. Our longevity comes from placing a high priority on evaluating and integrating new ways to reach our clients’ audiences while still nurturing our roots. Traditional media coverage remains the undisputed champion for third-party credibility at affordable pricing.
We would love the opportunity to talk with you about our depth of experience, processes and deliverables. If we’re the right fit for your marketing needs, I hope that you might consider working with us. Please contact us at 952-697-5269 or complete our contact form.