There’s a lot of confusing and conflicting information on the internet about how to create a marketing strategy. Some articles focus on just one platform (not every business can thrive on Facebook alone); others focus on just one element (content is essential but it’s useless on its own). Here’s a trusted shortcut: the six-step marketing strategy outlined in “The CEO’s Guide to Marketing”, which business leaders nationwide have praised since its debut in 2017.
“A well-executed marketing plan is like a GPS. It guides your customers into your sales process. Done right, your marketing should result in more leads, higher sales and a stronger brand. Following steps in a logical progression, without going off on tangents, is one of the fastest ways to achieve your goals,” the book’s author and Media Relations Agency CEO Lonny Kocina wrote in an article for the Pittsburgh Better Times entitled, “How to Write a Marketing Plan in Just Six Easy Steps.”
Negotiating business contracts can be complicated. Navigating regulatory issues can be complicated. Thankfully marketing your business can be simple, if you have a system in place that everyone on your team wants to use because it makes their jobs less stressful.
“That’s what I like about the Strategically Aimed Marketing process,” Lonny wrote. “It’s called SAM 6 for short. (Even the name is uncomplicated!) It’s a six-step process that keeps marketing focused and on point.”
At 236 pages, this fully illustrated award-winning book provides both an easy-to-understand overview of marketing and a six-step implementation process applicable to any business in any industry. “The CEO’s Guide to Marketing” also earned the Axiom Business Books Awards silver medal in the Advertising / Marketing / PR / Event Planning category. The Axiom Awards are the largest and most respected critical guidepost for influential books.
Following this six-step process will give you peace of mind that nothing has been overlooked.
- Gain competence in marketing concepts and principles. This ensures everyone is speaking the same language and has a working knowledge of marketing. This is an essential starting point for creating a great marketing plan.
- Fill in code sheets. Code sheets are a means of gathering and documenting important information about your company and the products it promotes. Code sheets can also be made for specific offers. Code sheets help direct and control your creative staff.
- Select appropriate promotional mix channels. The promotional mix channels you choose to employ depend on many variables including your message, the market and your resources.
- Schedule your promotions on a calendar. This ensures that you’re delivering a constant and maximum flow of on-point promotional messages.
- Develop a control template for your creative team. Your control template provides the guidelines for your writers, designers and other creative staff to follow. The control template enables these imaginative professionals to create attention-getting content without losing site of the marketing necessities.
- Engage your creative team. You need to assemble the right people for the job, and then let these creative souls work their magic within the parameters you created.
Business is complicated enough. Marketing can be made simple with a straightforward process. Start by reading “The CEO’s Guide to Marketing” and registering for free access to the SAM 6 tools. If you’ve already read the book, thank you! We’d love it if you would write a review on Amazon.
Numerous business professionals have read this book then asked to work with us because of our SAM 6 expertise. We’re happy to talk with you about the options, ranging from a fully integrated marketing campaign to one that’s focused on just one area such as digital or content work. Call us at 952-697-5220 or complete this form to learn more.