We know what aggravates online retailers. It’s when people visit your website, read your content, put an item or two in their shopping cart, and then never complete the purchase. It’s like when you’re fishing and you have a big one on the hook, but just can’t reel it in. Aargh! It’s twice as frustrating to have abandoned shopping carts over the holiday season, when so many shoppers are in the mood to buy.
The start of the new year is a good time to make sure your website is helping you close sales and not scaring away wanna-be buyers. Media Relations Agency’s digital marketing team’s proven strategies can help you boost your ecommerce conversion rate, and also lay the groundwork for repeat sales.
The ecommerce conversion rate is the total number of sales divided by the number of site visits. This falls between 2 and 3% for most industries. We’re never happy with average, and we don’t think you should be either. Here are a few of the ways our team helps our digital clients reduce the number of abandoned shopping carts.
- Irresistible, sales-focused website content. People read about your product for a reason. Maybe they want better looking skin, a more organized sock drawer or a healthy snack their kid will actually eat. Your job is to convince them that YOUR product is the one for them, and they need to buy it, now. We often see web copy that doesn’t provide enough persuasive information or that isn’t organized in a way that is helpful to the consumer. Our experienced writers produce Media Grade Content®, to clearly and effectively prompt readers to take action.
- Functional and friendly shopping carts. One of the top reasons shoppers abandon their carts is because they’re not enjoying the checkout process. Today’s buyers expect a straightforward, quick and open experience. If there are any technical glitches in the process, they’ll dart away and will likely never return.
- Savvy use of discounts. A sale is a great way to snag a buyer, but it needs to feel special or exclusive or it can degrade trust in your brand and impact future sales. Using our Strategically Aimed Marketing® process, we design promotions that help you set the hook and build a solid customer base. Our working calendar helps us strategically schedule promotions throughout the year.
- Compelling transactional copy. You are not like every other retailer, so don’t rely on the default transactional copy your ecommerce platform provides. Our writers craft unique, compelling content that purposefully guides buyers through their purchase so they feel good about their decision. As important, we provide post-purchase nurture content so buyers stay engaged and are eager to buy again.
- Consumer insights. We dig a little deeper than most agencies to thoroughly understand your target audience. This helps us provide the right content at the right time to close the sale. But we don’t stop there. We also thoughtfully review your current buyers to determine how to get additional sales. Our team regularly creates and maintains database segments and writes unique messages for each group. This personalization builds loyalty.
If it’s time you caught more sales, ask Media Relations Agency’s team of digital experts to conduct a free ecommerce review. Call us at 952-697-5269 or complete this form today.