If you promote your business on the Internet, you need to be smart about it. Our content marketing services are exploding in popularity. That’s not surprising. Every business should have a content marketing strategy because it has a direct impact on purchase decisions. Here are five content marketing tactics you should have in place:
- Understand what you want to communicate to your audience. Otherwise, it’s easier than you might imagine for your content to get sidetracked. We never miss this step, especially with new clients, because we want to ensure we’re all working toward the same goals and focusing on the same messaging.
- Identify your staff’s responsibilities. Who is managing the content flow on your website, blog and social media pages? Who is supplying the information? Who is “listening” to brand-related conversations on the Internet? Who is interacting online with your customers and prospects, communicating your value points and funneling people back to your website? We put experienced publicists in charge of our clients’ listening and engagement because they are already talking with the media about these products. They know what media-grade content resonates with audiences.
- Have a search strategy. Make sure your keywords and tags are used properly in your blog content. Your blogs and images must also meet specific criteria. All of this helps improve your search engine ranking.
- Include your public relations and outreach marketing. Extend the promotional power of your media coverage by posting it online. The public trusts media coverage because it means your content has passed the media’s stringent gatekeepers.
- Involve your vendors and key influencers. Are they streaming your blog content on their websites? Are they sharing your Facebook posts? Re-tweeting your tweets? Are you reciprocating?
There are a lot of moving parts to an effective content marketing strategy. It can be time consuming, especially if you’re trying to weave all of this into an already full schedule. That’s why many of our clients ask for our help with all or part of their content marketing. We do this all day, every day, for clients from around the world. We’ve got the processes in place to bring order to your content marketing plan, and the expertise to fill in the gaps to strengthen your plan.
Call us at 952-697-5269 if you’re struggling to keep up with your content marketing, and are interested in learning more about how we can help.