Content marketing nurtures engagement, customer retention and referrals. It is SEO. It’s education and branding. It creates value. Understanding 2023 content marketing trends and best practices will improve your content marketing strategy and ROI.
Five 2023 content marketing trends
Media Relations Agency continually evaluates top marketing industry trends to assess which practices are most successful and the best use of our clients’ budgets. Based on a comprehensive review of industry polls, reports and surveys, here are five marketing trends we believe will dominate 2023.
1.The emphasis will remain on inbound vs. outbound marketing. The Content Marketing Institute reports that inbound content marketing generates over three times as many leads as outbound marketing and costs 62% less.
Outbound and inbound are also called “push and pull” marketing strategies. They serve different purposes.
- Push strategies create immediate awareness. When you see a large display in a supermarket, you might comment that the store is “pushing” that product.
- Pull Strategies are directed right to the consumer. They cause buyers to seek a product and create demand. This is where content marketing is most effective.
2. More companies will have a content strategy in place. Understanding best practices and which channels to use for the highest ROI will be a priority.
- 78% of those who believe their content marketing was very successful had a documented content marketing strategy. Source: SEMRUSH The State of Content Marketing, 2022 Global Report
3. Social media will continue to dominate content marketing. It is well established as one of the best channels for acquiring new customers as well as quality leads.
- The top three social media platforms used by marketers in 2022 are Instagram, YouTube and Facebook. Source: HubSpot
4. Posting frequency will increase. The more consistently you post, the more opportunities you create for your message to be seen. You’ll build trust and brand loyalty as visitors return to your properties for reliable information.
- Companies that blog 1-2 times/month have 67% more sales opportunities than companies that do not blog. Source: Inside View
- Content marketers commonly post 4 to 6 times a week on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and TikTok; and daily on Twitter.
5. More companies will use agencies to co-produce their content marketing. Content marketing is about long-term payoffs. You may know from experience that it tends to sink lower among priorities when things get busy. By outsourcing to an experienced content marketing agency, you can ensure everything gets done on time and according to best practices. This makes your life easier.
There is more to content marketing than great writing. Your results will also depend on how well you illustrate as well as optimize your content. Here are some factors that need time and resources:
- Preparation: Are your website and social channels built? Do you have a blog on your website? Do you have an email template? Is your mailing list up to date?
- Initial analytics: Know your starting point data so you can measure results and make periodic adjustments. Some parameters include: How many visitors are coming to your site? How are they finding you? What are your search rankings? What is your conversion rate?
- SEO research: Understand which keywords and best practices to use to consistently rank higher on search engine results.
- Content writing: Professional marketing content writers can create high volumes of high-performing content without sounding overly promotional or like it’s written just to satisfy search engine algorithms.
- Graphic design: Content has greater impact when it is visually appealing.
- Web design: You will want to ensure your content displays as intended and is functional on all platforms including phones and tablets.
Staying top of mind in 2023 will require diligence, planning and focus. Is it time to outsource some or all of your content marketing? Complete this form, or call us at 952-697-5269 to discuss your specific goals and how Media Relations Agency can help you achieve them.