Marketing impacts almost every area of your business. It’s critical to spend your marketing budget on strategies that will do the best job telling your story, attract the most customers and elevate your brand. There are thousands of marketing agencies in the U.S. Here are some things to consider to help you select the right one for your business.
First, determine whether the agency does the type of work you need. Hiring an agency immersed in its craft means you’re more likely to get advice and recommendations based on real-world experience.
For example, Media Relations Agency has specialized in product marketing since we were founded more than 30 years ago. We don’t do crisis communications. We don’t do investor relations. We’ve spent decades becoming experts at helping companies tell their stories through media coverage, social media, websites and advertising.
Once you’ve identified a list of agencies, look closest at the ones that are the most established. I’ll use our agency as an example of why this is important.
- They won’t waste their time (and yours) talking with the wrong reporters and producers. Media Relations Agency’s publicists don’t just have media contacts. They have trusted relationships with reporters and producers. Accessing our proprietary media database compiled over the last three decades, they know who is most likely to cover a story and report on news within your industry.
- They will be realistic about results. Overpromising doesn’t serve anyone. When Media Relations Agency pioneered Pay Per Interview® more than 30 years ago – guaranteeing results for our clients’ marketing dollars – we had to be the best at arranging media coverage. We apply that same performance-based approach to everything we do, from content creation to designing or updating websites.
- They know how to tell an interesting, meaningful story. Agencies that outlast their competition have done so by serving their clients well. In our case, by serving the media’s audiences, we know reporters and producers are more open to running our clients’ stories. All our content is written to Media-Grade Content® standards, which means it would pass the media’s stringent litmus tests for writing style, credibility, accuracy and relevance (among other criteria).
- They will be ready to act efficiently on your behalf. A team that has worked closely together for years, and has successfully served hundreds of clients, will likely have processes in place to apply to any client and in any situation. In our case, we use the six-step Strategically Aimed Marketing strategy (SAM 6®) outlined in Lonny Kocina’s award-winning, best-selling book, The CEO’s Guide to Marketing. SAM 6 evolved from our desire to consistently deliver on-point marketing based on a solid marketing foundation.
- They know how to stay relevant. Marketing professionals who don’t value ongoing learning can expect to have a dwindling client base. That’s not us. From conducting robust social media influencer campaigns to understanding the latest listening and reporting technologies, our longevity comes from placing a high priority on evaluating and integrating new ways to reach our clients’ audiences while still nurturing our roots. Traditional media coverage remains the undisputed champion for third-party credibility at affordable pricing.
If you want to market a product or service, we would love the opportunity to talk with you about our depth of experience, processes and deliverables. If we’re the right fit, I hope that you might consider working with us. Please contact us at 952-697-5269 or complete our contact form.