Customers Can’t Buy It if They Don’t Know About It
Traditional advertising is struggling with sagging revenues. Are you having a harder time reaching clients through advertising? Traditional PR can be so confusing. What does it take to get reporters, producers and editors to do a story about your product? Discover an underutilized channel of promotion: Publicity as Advertising. Learn how to harness the most powerful sales tool on the planet.
- Why is it untapped?
- Why is publicity the best way to advertise?
- What are some of the tools needed for a successful publicity campaign?
You Will Learn:
- Why publicity is often more effective than advertising
- Why you should view reporters and producers as an inexpensive extension of your national sales force
- The importance of customizing your approach
- Why most traditional PR tactics such as the use of press releases and wire services don’t work and never will.
- Key elements that should go into a “media toolbox”
- Techniques for capitalizing on media coverage to multiply your exposure
- A brief history of public relations that explains why the PR industry has underserved markets and what marketing experts can do about it.
Heather has been teaching clients how to harness the selling power of publicity since 1997. Her expertise lies in marketing consumer products and services so that they are deemed newsworthy by the media. She leads an entire publicist team in securing radio, TV, print and online news coverage for her clients. Heather is our media strategy guru. She can take a complex scenario and determine how best to utilize publicity to reach client goals. She’s an upbeat, purposeful leader who can be both objective and compassionate at the same time.
“I would recommend this class to others! Heather’s class gave me valuable information on the subject of publicity and how to use it. She gave satisfying answers to my questions and I gained even more insight from listening to questions others asked as well.” – Marilyn G. Pentel, CEO