Are you looking to keep your PR and writing skills sharp but don’t need (or even want!) a full-time job?
We’re seeking a part-time social media writer (Freelance writers need not apply) for our Burnsville, MN office with a marketing background, who can write clear and succinct content that is both compelling and easy to understand. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented and has a strong work ethic. Must be able to work independently as well as with others. A good understanding of blogs, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn is a definite plus.
- Write relevant, compelling copy/content that helps drive creative concepts and results as needed for each project.
- Maintain flexibility throughout projects and in working with others. Adjust to many different business and personal styles, and work closely with a wide variety of people and ideas.
- Familiarize yourself with clients’ websites and media materials, keywords, value points and pertinent messaging.
- Must demonstrate the ability to write professionally for varied audiences and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Post content to WordPress, Facebook, Twitter and other digital media.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to write successfully for the Web.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong oral communication and interviewing skills.
- Ability to understand the Internet marketing needs for Media Relations as well as our clients, and an ability to address those needs in an effective and creative manner.
- Ability to write creatively in a high volume production environment.
- 5-10 years experience in marketing, writing, PR or related field.
- The right candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong/demonstrated passion for interactive marketing/social media.
- Able to work independently within a team environment
- Experience with key words and meta tags is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Web environment and best practices in communicating online
NOTE: No Freelance applicants please.