Does representing businesses and their products as a publicist sound like a fun and interesting career to you? We are looking for publicists (Public Relations experience helpful but not necessary) who have strong verbal and written communication skills. You will be contacting reporters and producers nationally on behalf of our clients. This is an opportunity for people who get their energy from talking to other people. It requires creativity and the ability to think on your feet. News reporters and producers are busy with deadlines so you need to be someone who can quickly read a situation and creatively adapt your presentation to fit their needs.
Some rewarding parts of being a publicist are learning about products and services before they hit the market and seeing the results of your work as stories in the media.
The compensation consists of a base salary plus bonuses and a complete benefits package. Comprehensive training program provided.
- Pursuit of media placements
- Interview coordination
- Media research
- Highly creative
- Ability to work on several projects at a time
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with a small, cross-functional team
- Ability to work in a creative environment, while still being able to take creative direction from managers
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Proactive, responsive to change and open to feedback.
- Great attitude and team player mentality
- Sense of humor
- Sense of urgency – must meet deadlines
- A minimum of 5 years business experience (public relations, communications, marketing and/or psychology) helpful but not necessary.
- Proven persuasive, initiative, and communication skills necessary for success.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Strong work ethic