Checkerboard Strategic Web Development is looking for a Graphic & WordPress Designer to join our team. Checkerboard Strategic Web Development is an innovative and growing company that specializes in Web development for WordPress, online marketing and Website maintenance.
In addition to building new sites, we partner with our clients to help them maintain their web presence and marketing efforts which presents us the opportunity to make use of a wide variety of technologies both on the client site and throughout the web.
Checkerboard is committed to finding the right talent for our dynamic team! The successful candidate acts as a subject matter expert/designer for websites and web based solutions utilizing the latest technology and tools. Identifies opportunities to reuse existing architectural components and where appropriate, identify, design and create new architectural components.
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Acrobat)
- Has experience building WordPress web sites and understands how to customize within the boundaries
- Experience with WP Plugins & Customization
- Ability to estimate projects
- Technical Writing
- Well rounded, self starters
- Able to take a vision and make it happen
- Experienced enough to see potential problems and identify alternative solutions (strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills)
- Work well with and contribute to a team environment
- Strong time management skills and are able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to contribute at all levels of website development from conceptualization and planning to development and database integration to usability, presentation, and web standards
Beneficial, but not required:
- Google Analytics